March 26, 2009

Marathon fundraising begins!

An excerpt of what I sent around CIGI today... let me know via comments or email if you're interested in pledging and we'll work out a way for that to happen.

Colleagues and friends,

As some of you may be aware, in about a month’s time I will be attempting to run the Waterloo Marathon – and I stress ‘attempt’ because I’ve never tried to run a marathon before. Nevertheless, I have been training throughout the winter and am now confident (or delusional) enough to start asking around for pledges.


This year’s race benefits the K-W chapter of St. John’s Ambulance, an organization I’m sure you’ve all heard of and whose mission is to “enable Canadians to improve their health, safety and quality of life by providing training and community service.” Pledges in any amount are welcome (those of $25 or more are tax deductible) and can be made via cash or a personal cheque made out to ‘St John’s Ambulance’. By no means should you feel obligated to pledge, but if you are interested please do so by Friday, April 24.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Brandon

4 comments:

April said...

I'll pledge you!

B. Scott Currie said...

Thanks 'Pril! I'll have to bring my pledge paperwork to the bar on Sunday night... though it will be a good opportunity to harass other people as well.

Mike said...

If there's a relatively simple way for me to pledge, I'm down. 'Cause, you know, I'm supportive and all, but not if it's really inconvenient.

Also, do you have to raise a certain amount or is this just for a good cause on top of running the marathon for kicks?

B. Scott Currie said...

It should be relatively simple, I think. If you do Internet banking, you could just send me an Interac email money transfer to brandon.currie@gmail.com, then send me the address to have the tax receipt mailed to.

I don't have an exact number in mind for a fundraising goal and you're exactly right - a good cause on top of my more personal reasons for doing the race.