February 23, 2009

Marathon Training: Still Occurring

Given my previous lifestyle choices, it's perfectly understandable that I get a lot of questions about how marathon training is going. The problem is I don't know what to say.

"Good" would imply that I don't have Runner's Nipple and blisters that resemble an open-pit mine.

But "bad" would be inaccurate too. At the halfway mark of my training program, I've completed 47/50 scheduled runs for a total of 407km run. With every successful distance covered (26km is the longest single run so far), I believe a little bit more that I'll be able to finish the race, maybe even within a respectable time.

No, the most informative thing I can say about my training is simply that I'm still doing it. Perhaps if I go on to do more races, I'll be able to gauge my progress in some kind of context. For now, it's still a novel process of mental exhilaration and physical exertion.

3 comments:

Symes said...

Keep it going...I'm damn impressed that you're at it and working towards something many think about but few do!

April said...

Good for you Brandon! What an accomplishment.

Yep the best thing about running is you just do it. :)

B. Scott Currie said...

Ron Burgundy really did say it best: "It's called jogging... Apparently you just run! For an extended period of time."